Diploma in Comprehensive Nutrition
Diploma in Comprehensive Nutrition (Dip.C.N.)
This diploma program is ideal for those who would like to be a nutrition specialist with a comprehensive education emphasizing the importance of nutrition and diet, in promoting health and wellness, as well as in the prevention and treatment of various diseases. This program should be considered for those who would like to understand the relevance of alternative and complementary views of nutrition, including the value of dietary supplements. Consider this curriculum if you would like to help patients, clients or consumers adopt better nutrition practices for a healthier lifestyle. Completion of this program earns one a globally respected Diploma in Comprehensive Nutrition (Dip.C.N.).
The 6-course Dip.C.N. program is designed to provide a thorough and in-depth
nutrition education and includes an excellent foundation in the science of nutrition, as well as exposure to scientifically sound alternate views. You will often be required to analyze and critique the differing views of respected authorities. It is this process of analysis that will prepare you for a career in providing excellent nutrition guidance in clinical, retail or other professional settings.
Upon completion of the Comprehensive Nutrition program, the completer will be able to:
- Apply principles of nutrition to lifestyle choices for patients and consumers.
- Assess and influence current nutrition trends in communities.
- Describe the relationship between proper nutrition and the structures and functions of the human body.
- Identify toxins in the environment and their effects on health and illnesses.
- Evaluate client data to determine strategies for encouraging patients toward promoting healthy eating practices.
The Diploma in Comprehensive Nutrition program consists of the following six courses:
- BIO210 Human Biology (3)
- HEA201 Environmental Challenges & Solutions (3)
- NUT101 Understanding Nutrition I (3)
- NUT201 Understanding Nutrition II (3)
- NUT301 Vitamins and Minerals (3)
- NUT401 Nutrition Counseling Skills (3)
Total Credits: 18
Total Tuition: $4,410*
Academic prerequisites: High School diploma or equivalent.
* Tuition does not include costs of books and materials which are purchased separately. Note that tuition and fees are subject to change. Students will be notified prior to any tuition changes.
**Please note that this is a diploma program consisting of undergraduate courses, not a degree program.