Diploma in Women's Nutrition
Diploma in Women’s Nutrition (Dip.W.N.)
This diploma program is ideal for those who have a passion for women’s health issues. It is constructed for those who would like to understand how proper nutrition and dietary practices can help address women’s special health concerns. It is also for those who would like to understand the relevance of alternative and complementary views of nutrition including the potential value of dietary supplements. This curriculum earns one a diploma in Women’s Nutrition (Dip.W.N.), and arms one with the ability to help female patients, clients or consumers adopt better nutrition practices for a healthier lifestyle.
The 6-course Dip.W.N. program is designed to provide a thorough foundation in the nutrition sciences, while providing a specific focus in women’s nutrition and health issues. As with the Dip.C.N. program, the Dip.W.N. program includes exposure to scientifically sound alternate views. You will often be required to analyze and critique the differing views of respected authorities. It is this process of analysis that will prepare you for a career in providing women with excellent nutrition guidance in clinical, retail or other professional settings.
Upon completion of the Diploma in Women’s Nutrition program, the completer will be able to:
- Apply sound nutrition principles to women’s health choices and behaviors.
- Plan proper dietary intake during pregnancy and throughout the lifetime.
- Critically analyze current nutrition trends in women’s health.
- Recommend approaches to disorders, medical conditions, and weight management.
- Encourage female clients to adopt sound nutritional practices.
The Diploma in Women’s Nutrition program consists of the following six courses:
- BIO210 Human Biology (3)
- NUT100 Macronutrients (3)
- NUT105 Micronutrients (3)
- NUT221 Pregnancy, Pediatric and Adolescent Nutrition (3)
- NUT224 Eating Disorders and Weight Management (3)
- NUT300 Integrative Nutrition for Women (3)
Total Credits: 18
Total Tuition: $4,410*
Academic prerequisites: High School diploma or equivalent.
* Tuition does not include costs of books and materials which are purchased separately. Note that tuition and fees are subject to change. Students will be notified prior to any tuition changes.
**Please note that this is a diploma program consisting of undergraduate courses not a degree program.